- School Hours: 7:50 A.M. – 2:54 P.M.
- Office Hours: 7:15 A.M. – 3:30 P.M.
- Regisration: 8:30 A.M. – 10:30 A.M.
We support The School District of Philadelphia’s Declaration of Beliefs and Visions, which states that:
- All children can learn at high levels.
- All children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be closed.
- Schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- All children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
If you would like to learn more about our school, please explore:
Frankford High School has a history dating back to 1910, with its beginnings in a farmhouse as an annex of Central High School. The early students called themselves the “Pioneers”, a name still used today. Our current building opened in 1916, with the addition of the stadium in 1922. The gymnasium was added in 1954, an extension to the lunchroom in 1965, and the new wing in 1970. Frankford is one of the oldest high schools in the city, with a proud heritage, both on the playing field and in the classroom.
JROTC, Culinary Arts, the Arts and Robotics
Documentary – “Pressure Cooker”
6 ABC News: 03/30/2010 – Cooking Teacher Gets Rachael Ray Surprise
The AHERA Biannual Surveillance
The AHERA biannual surveillance for Frankford High School will start on Monday, January 11,2021. Pursuant to the Federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) mandate these letters are to acknowledge the availability of our facility’s Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) Management Plan. If you have questions, please call the school at 215-400-7200.