Our regular school uniform consists of red, blue or gold Frankford High School shirt with black or tan pants or skirts (knee length) for all 10th, 11th, and 12th graders. All 9th graders must wear a gray golf shirt with black or tan pants/skirts. A valid student ID is also part of the uniform and must be worn all day.
The Parent and Family Engagement Policy
The School District of Philadelphia (the District) recognizes that a child’s education is a responsibility shared by parents, families, schools, and the community during the entire period the child is enrolled in school. Creating positive, home, school, and community partnerships is essential to carrying out the shared responsibility necessary to improve schools and reinforce the importance of academic achievement.
The Parent and Family Engagement Policy is being adopted in order to:
- Support and secure strong effective partnerships among parents, families, schools and the community that serves to improve academic quality and student performance;
- Provide the coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist schools in planning and implementing effective family engagement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance; and
- Comply with Title I, Part A requirements regarding the establishment of a parent and family engagement policy according to Section 1116 of the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
This policy shall serve as written documentation of the District’s commitment to ensure parents and families are welcomed, engaged, and valued as stakeholders in the education of their children.
- Instruction must be tailored to meet individual needs.
- A partnership must exist among the students, family, school staff and community.
- We must foster a desire for lifelong learning.
- Student cooperation and ownership is crucial.
- Common values and ethical conduct must be shared among members of the school community
- Excellent attendance is crucial.
- Multiculturalism and diversity must be integrated into all aspects of the school community
- A positive learning environment must exist.
- Technology must remain current, including instruction, skills and applications.
Declaration Of Beliefs And Visions
We support The School District of Philadelphia’s Declaration of Beliefs and Visions, which states that:
- All children can learn at high levels.
- All children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be closed.
- Schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- All children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.