Frankford High School Uniform Guidelines 2020-2021
Cell Phone Policy
Frankford High School Cell Phone Guidelines 2020-2021
Frankford High School Cell School Supplies 2020-2021
Students must have 23.5 credits in the following areas:
|Course||Credits||List of Classes Offered|
|English||4||English 1, English 2, English 3, English 4, AP Literature, AP Language and Composition|
|History||4||World History, African American History, American History, Social Science, Survey of Law, AP US Government and Politics, AP United States History, Aviation Physiology & Psychology*, Aviation Law and FDA Regulations*, Geography*|
|Mathematics||3||Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Algebra 2 Honors, Statistics, Pre-Calculus Honors, Math of Personal Finance|
|Science||3||Physical Science, Biology, Chemistry, Forensics, Physics, Environmental Science, Earth Science, AP Biology, Aviation Meteorology*|
|Electives||3||Science Proficiency Development, Language of Math, Math of Personal Finance, Math Proficiency Development, Journalism, Survey of Literature, English Proficiency Development, Survey of Law, Culinary Arts 1, Culinary Arts 2, Culinary Arts 3, JROTC 1, JROTC 2, JROTC 3, JROTC 4, SAT Prep, Senior Capstone, Peer Group Connection, Sports Management|
|World Language||2||French 1, French 2, French 3 Honors, Spanish 1, Spanish 2, Spanish 3 Honors, Spanish 4, Spanish for Spanish Speakers 1|
|Arts and Humanities||2||Art 1, Art 2, Ceramics 1, Ceramics 2, Ceramics 3, Cultural Traditions in the Arts, Introduction to Film, Photographic Media 1, Photographic Media 2, Photographic Media 3 Honors
Band 1, Band 2, Band 3 Honors, Choir 2, Choir 2, Choir 3 Honors, Choir 4 Honors, Guitar 1, Guitar 2, Introduction to Music, Modern Band, Orchestra, Percussion
|Health and Physical Education||1.5||Health, Personal Fitness, Physical Education, Unified Sports, Yoga|
|Math/Science Elective||1||Any Math or Science beyond the minimal 3 credit requirement.|
|*Aviation Program Students Only|
A parent input meeting was held on April 23, 2020 where parents were encouraged to give input into the development of this Compact. To understand how working together can benefit your child, it is first important to understand the district’s and school’s goals for student academic achievement.
THE SCHOOL DISTRICT OF PHILADELPHIA ANCHOR GOALS:
- 100% of students will graduate ready for college and career.
- 100% of 8-year-olds will read on grade level.
- 100% of schools will have great principals and teachers.
- SDP will have 100% of the funding we need for great schools, and zero deficit.
The Parent and Family Engagement Policy
In support of strengthening student academic achievement, Frankford High School receives Title I, Part A funds and therefore must jointly develop with, agree on with, and distribute to parents and family members of participating children a written parent and family engagement policy that contains information required by section 1116(b) and (c) of Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). The policy establishes the school’s expectations for parent and family engagement and describes how the school will implement a number of specific parent and family engagement activities, and it is incorporated into the school’s plan submitted to the local educational agency (LEA).
The Frankford High School agrees to implement the following requirements as outlined by Section 1116:
Right to Know
As the parent or guardian of a student attending a school that receives dollars Federal Title I, you have the right to know the professional qualifications of the teacher (s) and instructional assistant (s) who teach your child. Federal law requires each Title I school district to comply with and provide you with the information requested in a timely manner. All schools have on file a list of teachers and your professional qualifications.
At any time, you can ask:
- Whether the teacher met the state requirements and certification requirements for the grade and subject he / she is teaching,
- If the teacher received an emergency or conditional certificate by which the
waived state ratings, and
- What college or graduate degrees does the teacher hold, including certificates of postgraduate and additional degrees, and major (s) or area (s) of concentration.
- If your child receives help from an instructional assistant and, if so, their ratings.
- Instruction must be tailored to meet individual needs.
- A partnership must exist among the students, family, school staff and community.
- We must foster a desire for lifelong learning.
- Student cooperation and ownership is crucial.
- Common values and ethical conduct must be shared among members of the school community
- Excellent attendance is crucial.
- Multiculturalism and diversity must be integrated into all aspects of the school community
- A positive learning environment must exist.
- Technology must remain current, including instruction, skills and applications.
Declaration Of Beliefs And Visions
We support The School District of Philadelphia’s Declaration of Beliefs and Visions, which states that:
- All children can learn at high levels.
- All children can reach their learning potential and that the achievement gap can be closed.
- Schools have an enormous impact on children’s lives.
- All children should be educated in a safe and orderly environment.
Frankford High School will be a collaborative setting engaging all stakeholders in an inspirational and
respectful environment that prepares students to be productive global citizen.
Frankford High School Textbook Guidelines 2020-2021