Main Menu:

Our History

Frankford High School is a public high school in the School District of Philadelphia. It is located at Oxford Avenue and Wakeling Street in the Frankford section of Northeast Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.

Frankford was founded in 1910 as an annex to Central High School. For the school’s colors, blue was added to the red and gold of Central. Frankford’s slogan is “Home of Champions,” a nod to its longstanding tradition of fielding strong sports teams. The school’s athletic teams are nicknamed the Pioneers, due to the fact early students called themselves the “Pioneers”.

Frankford’s soccer team won ten straight Public League Championships (1987–1996), four of which by shutout. Frankford’s wrestling team won eleven straight Public League Championships ending in 2007. In 2017, the Varsity Baseball team under coach Juan Namnun ’95 and assistant coach Joseph Farina ’05 became both Public League and District 12 champs made it to the state quarterfinals for the first time since 2008. Also in 2017, the badminton team won the public league championship under coach David Huzzard.

Last modified: September 2, 2017